Building a full-time writing career can be a scary step. Even if you have created the perfect business plan, stepping into a writing or any freelance profession can cause you to pause for a moment and take a deep breath and wonder if it’s the best route to take.
Even on the better days, freelancing can be tricky. Freelance income leans notoriously in the direction of irregular. Finding writing jobs, especially those that lean in your preferred interests and focuses can also be a challenge.
Besides, the boss expects you to do everything (get it, you’re the boss).
You need to have a good plan, a love for writing, and a the skills to keep producing the content even when the muse doesn’t want to come out and play.
Believe to Build Your Writing Career
You have always been a writer, but you may never have thought about writing for a living. It’s hard to get through a normal day without writing something.
So, it’s not whether or not you can write, but whether you have the combination of skills, time, patience, and persistence required to keep the words flowing.
- Do you take criticism well or are you likely to fold when someone has something negative to say?
- Are you willing to sacrifice time and energy to invest in your writing passion?
- Do you wait for others to tell you that you are doing a good job before you keep doing your job?
- Are there people around you that believe in what you’re doing and encourage you to keep on keeping on?
- Do you think you are as good a writer as you will ever be or are you willing to keep learning and growing in your writing skills?
- Are you willing to write according to someone’s directions and focus or do you have to write in your voice to be comfortable creating the words?
- Have you set aside enough funds to get you through several months without pay?
The answers to these questions will help you determine if a writing career offers you the best path for living. You need to have a creative heart to live the life of a writer, but you need to have a warrior heart to survive the path to writing success.
Writing can be a brutal and painful occupation. Writing can be a fun and exciting opportunity. Building a full-time writing career happens to the one that dares to make it happen.
Ready to Launch Your Business Success?
Learn more about the course – Challenge to Change. It may be just what you need to keep the distractions from getting in your way.