Building writing success requires more than a passion for writing. Creating a business as a writer means you have to approach your words with a professional slant, and a business focused on niche marketing and production.
As a writer, you may can write anything. As a professional writer, you stand out when you focus on niche writing that ignites your passion and purpose in some way or another. Finding the right niche or market can mean the difference between a successful freelance writer and one that struggles to make ends meet.
Create Writing Success with Niche Focus
- Make a list of all activities, responsibilities, and jobs you currently carry out in your day or at your present job.
- Make a list of all the things you have learned how to do through schools, on the job training, activities, or events.
- Make a list of all the things you enjoy doing now or that you enjoyed doing in the past – hobbies, groups, organizations, events.
- Make a list of all the gifts, talents, or abilities you have or that others have pointed out.
- Make a list of all the actions and skills you apply on a regular basis.
- Make a list of all the things you are persistently investing in to improve and grow your knowledge.
- Make a list of all the things you want to do or have dreamed about doing or that you invest time and energy learning about doing.
- Make a list of all the things others ask you to do because they say you do it best.
- Make a list of all the things you have studied or that you are studying.
- Make a list of any additional ideas, thoughts, or focuses you have that you want to share.
Now you need to sort through all the lists and find what jumps out. Write out all the different items on squares of paper, index cards, or sticky notes. Set them all out where you can see them all and take some time to look them over. Organize like topics together. Which piles are the most exciting for you? Which piles are the fullest? These are the beginning possibilities for your niche focus.
The more you know an area the better qualified you are to write about the topic. But a high interest on a topic and also make you a strong contributer. Knowledge is power but passion can be a stronger trump card. Having a heart for a topic and letting the words be driven by passion will allow you to stand out in the crowd.
Knowledge can (and should) continue to be gained so never let your lack of knowledge or experience hinder you from wading into a writing niche where you have passion.
A strong writing business plan focuses on niche writing so you can funnel your energy into that platform. The solid foundation for growing your writing success focuses on niche topics.
What niche fuels your word flow?
# # #
Catch up to the First Step for Your Writing Success.
Are you ready to create your writing success? The WhiteBoard of World Domination course will walk you through the steps to define your plan and walk it out. Get started now.